If you're looking for alternatives to Frontify, you've come to the right place! Frontify is a popular DAM system platform that helps companies create and manage their brand guidelines, but it isn't the only option. In this blog post, we'll take a look at five of the top Frontify alternatives and examine their unique features and benefits. We'll also provide some advice on how to choose the best product for your business's needs. So, let's dive in!
1. Artwork Flow
Artwork Flow is a digital asset management solution that is built to simplify your creative process from A to Z. The platform has an impressive DAM to store, organize, and find your creatives and a hub of free tools that makes brand compliance and asset-proofing effortless and error-free.
- An impressive UI that’s simple and easy to navigate.
- Version control to store all asset versions in one place to preview or reclaim any time you need.
- AI-driven smart tags to find assets instantly for designers, managers, and stakeholders alike.
- A simple and streamlined workflow that makes it easy to collaborate and complete projects and tasks in no time.
- Free tools such as spell checker, color extractor, and pdf compare to ensure error-free creatives and brand consistency.
- Excellent customer support any time you need it.
- Doesn’t have a free version.
- AI-powered proofing tools.
- Flexible workflows.
- Smart checklists for regulatory and brand compliance.
- Version control.
- AI-powered smart search.
- Advanced filters and search functionality.
- Impressive and fuss-free user experience.
Bynder is a platform for managing digital assets and collaborating on creative projects. The platform also recently launched a content workflow option to review and approve content, earning itself a spot in our top Frontify alternatives.
- Quick and simple onboarding.
- Great customer service.
- Effective collaboration with internal and external stakeholders is made possible by a simple, user-friendly interface.
- Simple to find any asset and share it with others.
- Offers educational tools to help users become accustomed to the platform.
- Allows for easy content creation.
- Requires some bug fixes.
- Challenging to create and manage collections.
- Has few choices for customization.
- Taxonomy requires some learning.
- Downloads the whole version history of an asset rather than just the most recent or specific version.
- Robust metadata records.
- API access for third-party apps.
- Flat DAM taxonomy.
- Automatic tagging.
- Automatic version creation.
- Dynamic asset transformation (DAT)
- Version control.
Another digital asset management tool that can give Frontify a run for its money is Brandfolder. The platform houses several functionalities that make it possible to securely store, share, and track the performance of assets.
- Easy file sharing with internal employees and outside brand partners is made possible by the intuitive user interface.
- Advanced search functionality to locate assets fast.
- Simple to integrate into a sizable, cross-functional team.
- Choose many items, then share a link with your coworkers that permits both public and private linking to the asset.
- Download converted versions of the assets after uploading ones in a variety of formats.
- May require some processing time to download an asset in a format other than the one it was initially in (for instance, downloading a PNG version of a TIFF image).
- Challenging to determine who in the design team has access to what on Brandfolder.
- Search functionality.
- Advanced filters and tagging capabilities.
- Asset categorization.
- File conversion.
- Workflow management.
4. Air Inc.
When it comes to managing brand assets, Air Inc. gives its users extensive organization options, strong search capabilities, and safe sharing capabilities. The platform facilitates effortless creative collaboration and offers a delightful user experience.
- Collaboration with external stakeholders is simple.
- Smart search can improve editing and delivery (search by keywords, metadata, and tags).
- With rights management, you can easily see who has access to your assets.
- Use workflows to keep your team members communicating effectively.
- Provide timely feedback on all resources, including videos.
- There are not many features in the software's free edition.
- There may be bandwidth issues causing the platform to lag.
- Smart search.
- Dynamic feedback.
- Version control.
Another Frontify alternative, Canto is a digital asset management platform that doubles up as a Workflow management software.
- Simple file searching and organization using keywords, tags, and smart tags.
- Smart albums that find assets based on the file type.
- Sort and organize folders and albums through personalization.
- Share assets with both team members and outside stakeholders.
- Excellent customer support.
- Learning curve in using Canto.
- The drag-and-drop method could lead to repeated uploads or uploads of the wrong folder.
- Media delivery cloud.
- Video enhancements.
- Powerful integrations.
- Streamlined workflow.
Choose the right DAM for your business
If you’re looking for a digital asset management solution for your business, you need to first ask yourself what are the core features that you’re looking for in a DAM. Let’s take a look at some of the most important features that you might want to consider before you zero in on a platform:
User experience: Are the software's search and user experience dependable and efficient? You want a platform that makes it easy for your design team to complete their tasks with more ease and efficiency instead of slowing them down. Additionally, consider the inclusion of features related to label management that align with your specific needs.
File formats supported: Are the file types you require supported by the system? It's important to choose a platform that supports all the file types that your team works on to avoid any issues down the road.
Management: What are the functionalities the tool offers to store and manage digital assets? For instance, features such as smart search, version control, and file sharing are important to search files, preview previous assets, and get things moving quickly.
Security: There is a greater necessity for security precautions in the digital age. Look for DAM products with strong security features like user authentication, file encryption, digital rights, and malware protection when making a choice.
Choosing a digital asset management platform is a decision you shouldn’t take lightly. While you might be familiar with platforms such as Frontify, there are several other platforms that offer greater advantages and features that would be more suited for your workflow and business needs. We hope our article will make your decision much easier in choosing a platform that’s right for you and your business.