Managing your photos across devices becomes a nightmare in the absence of the right photo organizing software.
That’s why it’s important to invest in the best photo management software. With the right software, you can streamline your best photo workflow and access all your photos in one place.
But choosing the right software can be tricky because the market is flooded with options. So, in this article, we’ve listed the best photo organization software you should try in 2022.
What to look for in a creative organizing tool?
Although individual needs are different, here are some basic features that you must consider before choosing your creative organizer software if you’re just getting started.
- Artificial Intelligence: Look for an online proofing tool which has features like detecting duplicates, recognizing faces and objects, and swiftly sorts images to provide results even for inexact queries.
- Basic Editing: Your organizing tool should have photo editing features to adjust brightness, contrast, and exposure. This way, you don’t have to go back and forth to your photo editing software.
- Multiple File Support: Having the support of advanced photo file formats can ease your organization process. So check whether the software you opt for supports formats like RAW or PSD.
- Size: Be aware of the software’s installation size. Ensure you have the right device that can support the chosen software.
- Ease Of Use: The best photography workflow or tool is one that most supports your use. There are software solutions on the market with everything from premium features to free cloud-based programs. Identify what your requirement is. Thus, you can simplify your user experience.
Top 7 creative organizing software programs to use in 2022
Now, let’s see some of the best photo organizing software programs and decide which is ideal for you.
1. Adobe Lightroom Classic
Adobe Lightroom Classic is one of the best photo organizer software solutions for both Windows and Mac. It has everything you need from editing to organizing features and gives a 7-day free trial to its users after which users must switch to a premium version.
Apart from top-notch editing features like camera and lens based corrections, HDR tools, face recognition, etc., it can help you organize your files swiftly.
You can set criteria for creating different collections. There are also options for sorting images based on flagging or ratings. So, it will automatically add images following your set rules. Highlighting features include:
- Adobe Sensei: It has artificial intelligence features enabling easy recognition of faces, locations, objects, colors, and themes in images. So you no longer need the exact keyword to find what you want.
- Cloud Storage: You get 1 terabyte of cloud storage for free in this software. You can access, edit, share, and organize images across all your devices.
- Works With Photoshop: You can send images from Lightroom to Adobe Photoshop directly.
2. ACDSee Photo Studio Professional 2022
ACDSee Photo Studio has organization tools that help you create the best photography workflow. It’s light on the pocket and is available on Windows.
In addition its Photoshop-like layer editing features, Light EQ adjusters, skin improvement tools, and a responsive interface, this software has advanced organization features like:
- People Mode: It enables easy face recognition and categorization. You can add names and easily access photos of a person from a folder.
- Easy categorization: The software effortlessly manages all your digital assets. You can insert ratings, categories, keywords, and location to easily find, sort, move, or share images. Geotags, visual tags, and customizable color labels makes identifying photos an easy task.
- Location Data : It has special features to identify geotags and group photos together based on the location from which it was taken.
3. Google Photos
Google Photos is among the top free photo organizing software with unlimited storage. You can easily share, backup, and access photos and videos from any device. It is a perfect option for beginners and small businesses.
- Simple Organization: It automatically sorts your photos into albums. Its AI capability facilitates easy facial recognition and grouping.
- Integrates With All Devices: It supports android, Windows, MacOS or any device with internet access.
- Photo Books: It offers low cost basic photo books, albums, and canvas prints.
4. Adobe Bridge
Adobe Bridge is a digital asset manager which has extensive features ranging from editing to advanced search. It has a cloud storage option.
- Preview Panel: Besides the thumbnail previews, Adobe Bridge has a full screen preview mode. So, you can easily take a closer look at the pictures you want.
- Quick Access To Photoshop: Bridge can easily open images into Photoshop. It has access to some editing features as well. It enables Photomerge, Lens correction and so on.
- Add Copyright Information: This tool helps you to protect and promote your work. It has options to add copyright information and edit the metadata of your images.
5. Apple Photos
Apple Photos is an iOS and Mac-based creative organizer software only compatible with Apple devices. It’s a free tool that can organize photos across all devices and help create the best image workflow system for photographers. You can access photos chronologically and give basic basic edits.
When you view images on your macOS, you will face the file compression issue. While it is a boon for saving storage for phones, it is a cumbersome task to get the source file on a computer.
- AI Powered Search Options: Apple Photos groups based on date, location, and other criteria. It has ‘smart albums’ for videos, photos, RAW files and so on.
- Removes Clutter Smartly: It can easily recognize duplicates and leaves only the best shot, removing unwanted files.
- Intuitive Interface: This tool comes pre-installed on all Apple devices. The UI is easy to navigate. You can get photo info, level adjustment, access editing interface, and auto-correct photos hassle free.
Hive is a creative organizing platform that enables teams to create the best photo workflow and manage projects with ease. It caters to the needs of several organizations, startups, and facilitates project management, marketing and operations.
- Transparency: Everyone in your team can access projects and communicate efficiently. You can alert your team about processes and updates.
- Handy Organization: Arrange files, dates, and project related information efficiently with this tool. Managers can thus surpass all organizational challenges while handling complex projects.
- Visualization: It offers options for viewing projects in various layouts like Gantt charts, calendars, tables, or kanban boards.
7. Artwork Flow
Artwork Flow is an artwork management software with excellent asset management capabilities that allows you to manage all your artworks from one place. It increases efficiency, improves collaboration, and nurtures a productive workflow.
- Artwork Library: The artwork library stores all your files and you can easily find files by entering its name or date or even some details. You can even start projects directly from the artwork library.
- Improved Collaboration: Team members can easily find the latest artwork version without rummaging through files.
- Compare artworks: Within the Artwork Flow library it’s also possible to compare artworks under revision and check the changes that team members made to the file.
Photo organization needn’t be a hassle. There are plenty of free and paid tools available to organize all your photos and creatives based on various factors like location, facial recognition, etc.
Artwork Flow is an enterprise creative and label artwork management solution that helps you organize all your label artworks, creatives, and related feedback in one place. If you want to check out how we can help your needs, you can book a demo with us today!