We continue to make progress towards our mission of making Artwork Flow a highly intuitive and user friendly Artwork Management System. Here's what we've been upto.
We’ve launched some exciting features in October:
Improved Email Content
- This includes more explanatory email content to external users (or those team members who don't pay attention)
Task Overdue Emails
- We launched task due emails last month allowing you to schedule a gentle reminder to your users for task completion. We are taking this a notch further. If you are tired of reaching out to team members who don't complete a task on time, you can now enable task overdue emails. These emails will go everyday after a crossed due date, until a task is complete
- Additionally, you can also enable recurring project escalation emails when a project due date is not met. This email will also go every day until the project is complete. Use these settings responsibly, as with great power comes...
A Major Upgrade To Our PDF File Renderer
- The tool will be faster, cleaner, and just friendlier
- Layers - If your artwork PDF was exported with layers. Simply untick the layer you want and review the file
- Rotation tool - Now you can rotate your artworks within the renderer itself
Archive A Running Project
- Created a few trial projects to get your team onboard? Those open tasks overwhelming your task dashboard? Go into the project details page and simply click 'Archive'. Problem solved
- Pro-tip: This feature is also best used when a wrong artwork file is uploaded into a project. We will be launching a revert file feature shortly, but until then, just archive the project
Compare Any File From Your Artwork Library
- If you've added your old artworks to the library and wanted to compare it with a new artwork in the library, you can now simply select the two files and hit compare - Voila! No need to download the files separately and upload them to our compare tool anymore
View Reference Files On Submit Artwork Screen
- Our designer users (and our in-house design team as well) complained that to view reference files in a project required multiple clicks to enter a project and navigate to the details tab. We heard you. Now you can view and download these files right while completing your upload task
- Individual task status for parallel assignees
- If you belong to an organisation where there are multiple users on a single stage, you will appreciate this simple feature. Earlier, you had to navigate to the audit trail to figure out which of the users have completed their tasks. Now, just head to file status and hover over the stage. Every user's task status will be visible to you.
- As a highly niche tool, user trials were enabled by our team on request. We felt that was an injustice to our users. When you sign up, you will now be able to initiate a 2 week trial where you will be able to invite upto 15 members from your team. Fairly obvious to say, but you can only initiate a trial once per company. The trial period is short, and the journey is long, so please do reach out to us for a demo or a chat if you have any questions
Source Artwork Is Now Optional
- We all make mistakes early on in life. At Artwork Flow, one of our mistakes was to keep the source file mandatory at the end of any project. Designers didn't like this, and we concur
- While creating a project, simply choose if that project requires a source artwork file (AI/CDR). If you choose no, the project will be complete after the final reviewer. If you choose yes, a task will be generated at the end of the final review for your designer to also provide the source file. You can choose a different setting for every project. Sounds like fun?
Lots Of Minor Bug Resolutions And UI Improvements
- Needless to say, they exist and our product team asks for your forgiveness.
A Quick Glimpse Of what's Coming Next:
- Parallel Stages - Wait, didn't we already have them? Yes, you could add parallel assignees to every stage. Now, we are adding parallel stages to the workflow itself. Every parallel stage can now have its own due date and a team, rather than individual assignees
- Configurable data fields - Ever wondered why you could only define Product, Brand, Category etc. in a project? We did too. We will give you control over what kind of organisational hierarchy you want to set. So you'll be able to change Product to Region or Business Unit or however, you want to define it. Moreover, you will also be able to define access control on the basis of this. You want to restrict a user to projects belonging to Region = North, go right ahead. Note that this is a feature for our Business Plan users only
- Dashboards - Yeah, we don't need to sell a dashboard feature to you. Everyone loves dashboards. You already had project level dashboards, now you'll get a glimpse into the performance of your team down to a user level
We are very excited about the new features that we will be launching. Want to know more? Drop us a line at email@example.com or just wait for our next email.